Static and Dynamic Analysis of gun systems of armored vehicles 8×8 for Hollow and sheet Materials
Abstract of the Project:
Armored vehicles 8×8 vehicles are designed by considering future and present mission requirements. Vehicle architecture allows the integration of a wide range of mission equipment and specific turret systems. Basic monocoque type body and double wall V-shaped hull structure provide exceptional protection to the crew against ballistic and mine threats. Modular armor kits providing different ballistic protection can be mounted rapidly to bolt on armor and additional protection against higher threats can be provided optionally. Armored vehicles 8×8 can provide a high level of protection against ballistic and mine threats by means of high hardness monocoque steel hull and all personnel is seated on individual mine protected seats. The crew compartment has firing ports and bullet proof observation windows together with two roof hatches and the crew members can rapidly enter and leave the vehicle via one door in the rear.
In this project we will be studying the CAE analysis of the hollow and sheet materials where the gun system is mounted. The static impact of the gun systems on the vehicle movement and dynamic analysis of the system made during the firing. Thus the stability of the vehicle, ease of maneuverability, impact analysis can be studied.
Application of the project:
- Dynamic movement of any vehicle
- Roll over mitigation application
- Load and fatigue analysis of the vehicle
- Automobile application
Benefits from this project to Client
- Better stability of the vehicle
- Design robust Hardware
- Cost in the prototyping can be reduced.
Key take away for Students
- Entry to Automotive Domain.
- Know about different Vehicle performance criteria
- Parameter tuning process
- Compare the design and theoretical analysis.
- CAE Simulation
- Vehicle dynamics basics.
- Developing problem solving skills.
Work plan for the students
- Geometry cleanup and importing the geometry
- Assigning the materials
- Load & constraints
- Load cases
- Analysis reviews
- Validating the obtained results with criteria.
- Documentation (continuous)
Services offered by JVKR
- Involvement in the Live Projects and prototypes.
- Exposure to Industrial Technology in Automotive domain.
- Trainings offered which are required for the projects modules.
- CAD-Catia and SolidWorks
- CAE- Hypermesh, Radioss, Optistruct and Ansys
- Hands on experience in Industry projects.
- Consistent Support offered.