Jigs and Fixtures Design for the automotive tier-1 supplier
Abstract of the Project:
A jig’s primary purpose is to provide repeatability, accuracy, and interchangeability in the manufacturing of products. A jig is often confused with a fixture; a fixture holds the work in a fixed location. A device that does both functions (holding the work and guiding a tool) is called a jig.
In this project we will be analyzing the design of Jig and Fixtures for a component needed for the production line for efficiency improvement.
Application of the project:
- Home appliances
Benefits from this project to Client
- Ease in the production process.
- Faster cycle time
- Better parts handling and quality.
- Scope for wrong operation is removed thus poke-yoke can also be applied.
Key take away for Students
- Entry to Automotive Domain.
- Know about different Vehicle weight reduction criteria
- Parameter tuning process
- Compare the design and theoretical analysis.
- CAD Design
- Developing problem solving skills.
Work plan for the students
- Sketcher and Part Design
- Assembly Design
- Wireframe and Surface Design
- Generative Design
- Validating the obtained results with criteria.
- Documentation (continuous)
Services offered by JVKR
- Involvement in the Live Projects and prototypes.
- Exposure to Industrial Technology in Automotive domain.
- Trainings offered which are required for the projects modules.
- CAD-Catia and SolidWorks
- CAE- Hypermesh, Radioss, Optistruct and Ansys
- Hands on experience in Industry projects.
- Consistent Support offered.