FE modeling of automotive interiors: IP consoles Sheet metal trims and BIW parts for Solid Materials
Abstract of the Project:
BIW (short for Body in White) is a stage in automotive design and manufacturing. BIW refers to the body shell design of an automotive product such as cars. It is just a sheet metal welded structure. BIW will not have doors, engines, chassis or any other moving parts.
In this project we will be studying the CAE analysis of the solid materials of automotive interiors like IP consoles Sheet metal trims and BIW parts.
Application of the project:
- BIW design for weight reduction
- BIW design for visibility improvement
- Load and fatigue analysis of the vehicle
- Automobile application
Benefits from this project to Client
- Better Asthetic apearance
- Design robust Design
- Cost in the prototyping can be reduced.
Key take away for Students
- Entry to Automotive Domain.
- Know about different Vehicle BIW parts
- Parameter tuning process
- Compare the design and theoretical analysis.
- CAE Simulation
- Developing problem solving skills.
Work plan for the students
- Geometry cleanup and importing the geometry
- Assigning the materials
- Load &constraints
- Load cases
- Analysis reviews
- Validating the obtained results with criteria.
- Documentation (continuous)
Services offered by JVKR
- Involvement in the Live Projects and prototypes.
- Exposure to Industrial Technology in Automotive domain.
- Trainings offered which are required for the projects modules.
- CAD-Catia and SolidWorks
- CAE- Hypermesh, Radioss, Optistruct and Ansys
- Hands on experience in Industry projects.
- Consistent Support offered.