Title: Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) Analysis Techniques using MATLAB GUIDE for Vehicle Measurement and Evaluation
Abstract of the Project:
The Discrete Fourier transform (DFT) is one of the most powerful tools in digital signal processing. The DFT enables us to conveniently analyze and design systems in frequency domain; however, part of the versatility of the DFT arises from the fact that there are efficient algorithms to calculate the DFT of a sequence. A class of these algorithms are called the Fast Fourier Transform (FFT). This project is mainly focusing on the development of “FFT Analyser” Tool which is easy to use using MATLAB GUIDE.
This project is concerned with the experimental modal analysis of an automotive part which is subjected to vibration resulting in interfacing with the Software signal thus causing the potential miscalculation. Also this project considers the effect and usage of various filters used to remove the unwanted noise. Various windowing techniques are involved in processing of error signals and vehicle traces. Tool also consists of various tuneable parameters along with how to use and adapt the parameters required while using the filters.
Application of the project:
- Automotive Domain
- Communication Systems
- Instrumentation Systems
- ADC and DAC systems
Benefits from this project to Client
- Analyzing Vehicle traces
- Evaluation of Sensor data
- Noise suppression
- Vibration analysis
Key take away for Students
- Entry to Automotive Domain.
- Know about different Filtering Techniques and functioning.
- Know about different windowing Techniques and it’s influence.
- Design and Filter Parameter Tuning.
- Simulation hands on Experience on MatlabGUI.
- Vehicle dynamics basics.
- Developing problem solving skills.
Work plan for the students
- Incorporation (MATLAB-Simulink, GUIDE, Sampling Theorem, Transformation, Filtering, Simulation)
- Theoretical know how’s and working of the project.
- Definition of Problem Statement- Breakdown of the problem module wise
- Description of major and minor task (error types, maneuvers, models, criteria)
- Setup of FFT Analyser Layout
- Execution and parameter tunning
- Postprocessing analysis using MATLAB
- Evaluation of sensor data
- Validating the obtained resuts with vehicle traces.
- Documentation (continuous)
Services offered by JVKR
- Involvement in the Live Projects and prototypes.
- Exposure to Industrial Technology in Automotive domain.
- Trainings offered which are required for the projects modules.
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Hands on experience in Industry projects.
- Consistent Support offered.