|OS Platform||Windows XP Professional (32 or 64 bit version) Or Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) or higher versions of windows.|
|Physical Memory||2 GB RAM (minimum)|
|Disk Space for Installation||5 GB free disk space|
|Resolution||1280×1024 pixels (DEDICATED VIDEO MEMORY IS REQUIRED for Better performance)|
|CATIA Software||P3 V5-6 R2015 B26 / 2016|
- Exposed to concepts of 2D drawing.
- Enthusiastic for converting one’s imagination in real time 3D model.
- Candidate should be well aware of the concepts of Part Modelling and Design, Generative Shape Design, Assembly Design, Surfacing and Drafting.
Introduction: BIW (short for Body in White) is a stage in automotive design and manufacturing where in body shell design of an automotive product is modeled. BIW refers to the stage in automobile manufacturing in which the car body sheet metal has been assembled but before the components (Engine, chassis, exterior and interior trim) has added. BIW is done for better Aesthetics, structural function and Ergonomic and roominess. Also one can use this for Safety, Aerodynamics, Insulation and Visibility.
- Types of BIW.
- Standard procedures in BIW design.
- Exercises and techniques in BIW design.
- Clean edge modeling technique.
- Method for shaping the part.
- Creating complex and complex contoured depressions.
- Creating flanges, beads, and darts.
- Completion of a BIW component from drawing sheet.
Hands on Experience and demo includes industry based real time problems.
This course trains students in CAD tools of CATIA to perform advanced 3D design and ready-to-manufacture digital mock-ups of BIW elements: upper body, under body, roof systems. It covers shape design, image rendering and interface design.
The course also imparts adequate knowledge of Sheet Metal Forming process and BIW assembly procedures, surface modelling, and GD&T. Students take part in hands-on BIW design sessions. Also students will learn to
- Use parametric modeling techniques to reflect engineering requirements.
- Apply top-down design principles to model a design.
- Use motion and interference checking to ensure that parts will not interfere throughout their complete range of motion.
- Use CAD software collaboratively when designing on a team.
- Make appropriate selection of CAD functionality to use as tools in the design process.
- Communicate effectively the geometry and intent of design features.
- BIW designers / engineers work in design, and R&D departments of Original Equipment Manufacturers, design houses, and tier-one suppliers in the automotive sector.
- Offered jobs by technology companies that provide engineering & design services, Product Lifecycle Management solutions to automobile manufacturers, and Plant automation solutions to automobile manufacturers.